Agreement Of Release & Waiver Of Liability
Please read and agree to the following terms and conditions below before participating in any of Buffy Owens/Conscious Movements programs.
- I hereby agree to the following: I understand as a participant in Conscious Movements workshops, courses, classes or other online audio lessons, that my comfort and sense of safety are essential to what I am learning. I understand the content of live classes, workshops, and recorded audio and video lessons made available through this site are neither professional medical advice, a medical exam nor a substitute for it. I understand that the health coaching focused programs are not offered as a substitute for professional mental health care, nutritionist or dietitian, or medical care and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any mental health or medical conditions. I also understand that Buffy Owens is not acting as a physical therapist, mental health counselor, or any other medical professional.
- If participating in the Awareness Through Movement (ATM) lessons, Mindful Movements, or Mindfulness Practices offered by Conscious Movements, I will receive information and instruction about movement, meditation, and mindfulness. I acknowledge that Conscious Movements' programs, Awareness Through Movement, and any program of physical activity require some level of physical exertion that may be strenuous and may cause physical injury, and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved.
- If participating in health & wellness coaching based programs, I understand that my health coach is neither a psychological or medical professional. The goal of coaching is to create a supportive alliance in which I can attain my own stated goals. I agree that using any or every part of this health coaching services and programs is entirely at my own risk. Health coaching services, classes, and programs are provided "as is," without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. I understand that I may be coached in fitness, nutrition, stress management, emotional resilience, life visioning, overall preventive health and health risk management. These services may be requested or rejected at my own free choice.
- I understand that Conscious Movements recorded lessons, meditations, coaching exercises, and other supporting materials are not to be given away or sold under any circumstance and the lessons are not to be copied or reproduced in any manner.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in Conscious Movements programs. I represent and warrant that I am physically fit or have consulted with my physician and I have no medical condition that would prevent my participation in the Conscious Movements programs, including live classes or workshops, and take full responsibility for my participation in the activities involved.
- In consideration of being permitted to participate in ATM lessons and Conscious Movements Programs, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the program.
- In further consideration of being permitted to participate in Awareness through Movement lessons and Conscious Movements Programs, I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim I may have against Buffy Owens/Conscious Movements for injury or damages that I may sustain as a result of participating in any of the programs offered by Buffy Owens or Conscious Movements.
- I, my heirs or legal representatives forever release waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue Conscious Movements for injury or death caused by their negligence or other acts.
Important Health & Safety Information
I understand as a
participant in Conscious Movements workshops, courses, classes or other online audio lessons, that my comfort and sense of safety are essential to what I am learning. I understand the content of workshops and audio lessons made available through this site are neither professional medical advice, a medical exam nor a substitute for it.
I understand that with any exercise or health-related program or
activity, I should seek the advice of my physician or other qualified
health professional before participating in any movement lessons.
Basic Instructions To Reduce Risk Of Injury
movements in these lessons are intended to be done with minimum effort,
even when using only your imagination. Nevertheless, always seek the
advice of your physician or other qualified health professionals before
starting a new exercise program, especially if you have unstable spinal
alignment, existing medical or health conditions, are overweight or
The programs offered here are not intended to provide medical
advice or make medical diagnoses. Do not delay seeking treatment or
disregard medical advice due to the information you may hear or read in any
of our online programs.
Pay attention to how you feel and stop
the lesson to consult your health practitioner if you feel sick, dizzy,
faint, light-headed, or if you experience any pain or unusual
Never force or strain. You are responsible for moving within your
limits and seeking medical attention and advice as appropriate.
The Instructors on this site are not responsible for any injuries
you may experience by participating in the courses, classes and other
programs offered by Conscious Movements. By continuing with this program
you are accepting that you have read, understood and agree to follow
these basic instructions, and that you are participating at your own
If you have any questions contact:
Buffy Owens at consciousmovements.com/contact
Terms & Conditions
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Company's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Company's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or 'mirror' the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Company at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Company's web site are provided 'as is'. Company makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Company does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Company or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Company's Internet site, even if Company or a Company authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Company's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Company does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Company may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Company does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Company has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Company of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Company's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions.